DispatchHealth has set out to create the most advanced and complete in-home care model in the world. DispatchHealth AdvancedCare is novel health care delivery program, providing acute, hospital-level care in patient’s homes as an alternative to hospitalization. AdvancedCare uses a team-based approach that allows for in-home diagnostic and lab testing, treatment, disease management, and intensive care coordination during an episode to treat general medical conditions in a patient's home.
Reporting to the local AdvancedCare Medical Director, the Las Vegas AdvancedCare Lead Advanced Practice Provider leverage progressive clinical and leadership skills to build, implement, and enhance the NEW AdvancedCare service line in Las Vegas, NV. The Lead APP will have extensive clinical duties, but also serve a a foundational component of an innovative and highly functional team, responsible for launching novel care model which improves both patient and provider satisfaction, and drives key performance indicators such as quality, safety, and cost.
- Serve initially as the primary care delivery APP for the AdvancedCare team in partnership local market Medical Director(s), and DispatchHealth Sherpa RN.
- Will provide direct, hospital-level, and post-acute level internal medicine care to patients in their homes. This will include performing clinical assessments, developing, and ordering hospital-level and post-acute level internal medicine clinical workups, ordering, and documentation.
- Leads the implementation of multidisciplinary plan of care for patients in AdvancedCare Services for all patients while working clinically
- Will provide overnight call coverage as assigned and in collaboration with the AdvancedCare clinical team
Program Implementation and Sustainability - With the national AdvancedCare leadership team and local Las Vegas leadership team, the Lead APP will foster development, growth, and sustainability of the Las Vegas AdvancedCare market and will be responsible for:
- Implementation and continuous enhancement of novel evidence-based in-home hospital-level and post-acute care protocols
- Maintaining relationship and oversight plan for AdvancedCare nursing partners
- Fostering strong and longitudinal relationships with DispatchHealth AdvancedCare and AcuteCare APPs, including education and engagement around AdvancedCare
- Reviewing and enhancing the quality, safety, and experience improvement plan for AdvancedCare
- Serves as the APP leader for Las Vegas AdvancedCare overseeing the APP workforce.
- APP liaison from AdvancedCare to the greater DispatchHealth APP workforce.
- Work closely with local Las Vegas leadership team as well as national leadership team to launch and grow the Las Vegas market.
- Spearhead recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding of future APPs into the Las Vegas AdvancedCare team.
- Assist with recruiting and hiring future Nurse Navigators (Sherpas) into the Las Vegas AdvancedCare team
Other Administrative Duties
- Serve as the primary clinical liaison from AdvancedCare to core DispatchHealth functions including the greater APP DH workforce, moderately complex lab, IT, clinical supply chain, vendor relationships, clinical compliance, quality/safety/experience programs.
- Developing and maintaining a clinical coverage schedule for AdvancedCare
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certification/Licensure in good standing in the State of Nevada as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant
- APP fellowship (preferred) or advanced training in hospital medicine or inpatient medicine
- Credentialed through DispatchHealth (on hire)
- History and track-record of success in leadership roles
- Pass pre-employment background check
- CPR and ACLS Certified
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check
- Strong communication skills. Cannot work in a silo – much of his or her effectiveness depends on teamwork with others. Their areas of practice are highly multidisciplinary and require reliable, open, responsive communication to meet patient needs. Strong interpersonal and EQ a must.
- Cultural openness. Will be open to learning from patients, about values, beliefs, and how they see the world – all which may be very different from the hires personal culture and beliefs. Willing to listen in developing a plan that is medically sound and culturally acceptable.
- Respect for others. Requires the person in this role to be especially diligent in this area and to show patience and understanding while setting reasonable boundaries and expectations.
- Commitment to patient confidentiality.
- Clinical Excellence. Must exhibit strong clinical assessment skills and ability to prioritize and reprioritize requiring organizational and coordination skills. Exceptional critical thinking skills is a must as the person in this role plans, implements and evaluates patient’s plan of care and their progression towards goals.
- Trusted Advisor. In this role, he or she must be patient-centric, customer focused and team-oriented. A large part of the role is engaging the patient to take an active role in their health. Engaging, educating, and developing a report to ensure effective delivery and compliance with the plan of care.
- Build trust as the foundation of providing the highest level of care.
- Create personal relationships that are based on building human connections.
- Bring clarity and confidence to every step of the care process through clear and transparent communication.
- Welcome the patient and their people into the care team to promote involvement, understanding and safety
If the following value statements resonant with you, we may be the team you have been looking for!
What makes us different?
- DispatchHealth is a provider-led organization.
- DispatchHealth empowers clinical teams to use their medical skills and experience to provide innovative care to our patients in their homes.
- Our patient-centric approach consistently provides us with a NPS score of 95% or better
- We deliver high-quality and affordable care
- We offer flexible work schedules
- We offer full healthcare benefits and 401k for full-time employees
- We offer career advancement opportunities
- We offer conference and workshop opportunities
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.