DispatchHealth is actively seeking an experienced EMT to perform duties as an independent technician to assist in Tele-Presentation to a virtual DispatchHealth advanced practice provider (Title: Dispatch Health Medical Technician – Tele-presentation).
We are looking for an energetic, hard-working, independent EMT with strong organizational and customer service skills to work directly with a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant virtually. This individual will be directly involved in patient facing care and will assist in physical exam performance and data gathering for a virtual provider. Laboratory and diagnostic testing will be a part of the paramedic’s duties. Extensive on the job training will be provided for this exciting opportunity in mobile healthcare.
DispatchHealth provides right-sized healthcare through the power of technology, convenience and service. DispatchHealth delivers on-demand healthcare services in a patient’s home, office or location of need. With a call, click or tap of an app, a skilled medical team arrives at the patient’s door in a matter of hours. DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare through a unique mobile acute care delivery model that is high-tech and convenient for patients while alleviating the burden on primary care providers, urgent care facilities and emergency rooms.
- Create the most advanced and complete model in the world
- Provide patient-centered care through the power of technology, convenience, and service.
- World-class customer service and quality
- Work hard while having fun
- Drive innovation
- Work collaboratively
- Always do what is right for our patients
- Focus on the continuum of care
- Give back to our community
- Create a diverse and inclusive work environment
Guiding Principles; The DispatchWay:
- Courageous advocates for patients and each other.
- Clinical innovation with quality and safety top of mind.
- Providing exceptional care by meeting people where they are.
DHMT - Telepresentation Summary of Job Duties (not inclusive):
- Responsible for equipment use, care and allocation
- Load and unload supplies for daily activities with the ability to lift 30 - 50 #
- Drive DispatchHealth vehicles to meet patients at their place of need
- Don and Doff PPE appropriately and maintain strict infection prevention strategies
- Comfort with state-of- the-art technology
- Perform vital signs and assist in the collection of data, facilitate physical exam using a mobile device and gather other diagnostic tests as requested by virtual provider
- Communicate with a healthcare provider via messaging and video conference
- Perform any indicated Point of Care lab testing as directed by virtual provider
- Prepare discharge instructions in conjunction with provider
- Restock and Clean equipment at end of shift appropriately
- Other duties as assigned to successfully complete a virtual tele-presentation visit
- Emergency Medical Technician experience with good IV skills
- EMT certification with NREMT, in good standing
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- BLS, American Heart Association
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 pounds
- Ability to walk up and down several flights of stairs easily while carrying equipment
Required Competencies, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communicator
- Flexible and open-minded
- Eager and willing to add to their knowledge base and skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Technical competency
- Ability to work full or part-time
- Career advancement opportunities
- Be part of something new, exciting and progressive
- Healthcare benefits and 401k provided with full-time employment
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.