Nurse Practitioner - Hartford, CT
** For immediate hire **
DispatchHealth is the leading provider of mobile, high-acuity healthcare services in the United States. DispatchHealth has created an integrated, high-value delivery solution that provides exceptional care in the home through technology, convenience and service. The company focuses on the Quadruple Aim of enhanced patient experience, improved health outcomes, lowering healthcare cost, and superb provider experience. Our vision is to create the most advanced and complete in-home care model in the world. Headquartered in Denver, we serve thousands of patients a day across more than a dozen states and we are rapidly expanding.
We are hiring Nurse Practitioners with acute care experience in ER, Urgent Care or Internal Medicine to join our new team serving the Hartford/Farmington, CT., community. Our Advanced Practice Providers team with EMTs and are equipped with everything needed to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses through comprehensive health assessments, including diagnosis, treatment and outcome management, for patients of all ages. Our innovative model allows us to provide definitive care in the home, including point of care laboratory studies, minor procedures, splinting, wound care, suturing, IV fluid and medication administration. We provide whole person care by facilitating timely follow up and care coordination.
Our providers love working at DispatchHealth because of the high-quality care they can provide, the value of the delivery model and the appreciation of our patients.
- Work as a team with an EMT to deliver care in the patient’s home. This involves being a mobile unit and driving in a company vehicle to the place of service.
- Perform comprehensive health assessments and diagnose and treat complex illnesses
- Provide therapeutic interventions, such as splinting, suturing, wound care and minor procedures
- Use critical thinking skills and follow evidence-based standards of practice
- Accurately and thoroughly document your patient encounter and ensure accuracy
- Analyze test data to diagnose, treat and arrange appropriate follow up for the patient to ensure continuity of care
- Educate patients and families on how to treat their acute illness and manage their health and well-being
- Effectively navigate difficult conversations related to end-of-life issues and goals of care
- Communicate effectively with patients, family, the medical power of attorney, primary care provider and all individuals involved in the patient’s care
- Identify and proactively solve problems
- Adhere to clinical and safety standards, protocols and performance metrics
- Provide care with compassion, empathy and cultural competency
- Maintain positive relationships with EMT partners and remote teams
- Attend training sessions and clinical team meetings
- Maintain professional etiquette and serve as ambassadors for DispatchHealth
- Lead your practice and always do what’s right for the patient
- At least 5 years of experience in acute care (ED, UC, Internal Medicine)
- Graduate with an advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Current unrestricted state license as a Nurse Practitioner
- Nationally board certified, current
- Current BLS / ACLS certification
- Prescriptive authority and DEA
What makes us different?
- DispatchHealth is a provider-led organization and encourages our teams to help inform decisions that impact your practice
- We spend time with our patients to treat the whole person, on average 40 minutes
- Our patient-centric approach consistently results in a NPS score of 95 or better
- We offer flexible work schedules and PTO
- We offer full healthcare benefits and 401k for full-time employees, with a company match
- We support professional growth and leadership opportunities
- We offer CME, organizational conference and workshop opportunities
- Our clinicians align with our guiding principles:
- Courageous advocates for patients and each other.
- Clinical innovation with quality and safety top of mind.
- Providing exceptional care by meeting people where they are.
Compensation: $xx-$xx an hour
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.