Experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Opportunity in Houston, CO
Are you looking for a change on how patient care is delivered? Consider DispatchHealth as we are bringing back the provider house call with on-demand urgent care.
DispatchHealth is a unique, provider lead company who is looking for some great Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistant (full or part time) to join our growing clinical team servicing the Denver, CO metro area. DispatchHealth is bringing back the house call with a modern technology twist by providing patients ways to access convenient, high-quality acute care in the comfort of their home, office or location of need. We’re redefining the add location healthcare landscape as an extension of a patient’s care team.
Providers should have at least 5 years’ experience in the ER, UC or family practice with 3 plus years experience as a provider. This position will uphold the DispatchHealth mission by ensuring that our patients receive health care that is competent, caring, convenient, cost-effective, and met with a high degree of satisfaction.
The clinician will provide comprehensive acute health assessments in the diagnosis treatment and outcome management of Dispatchhealth’s patient population to include laboratory studies, minor procedures, splinting, wound care, suturing, IV fluid and medication administration, facilitate specialist referral and/or PCP follow-up.
BENEFITS TO THE POSITION AND BEING PART OF THE GROWING TEAM:
· Career advancement opportunities
· Be part of something new, exciting, and progressive
· Voice and input on technology development to optimize provider workflow
· Spend 45 minutes with patients on average
· Flexible work schedules
· Progressive delivery model
· Be part of a fast growth company
· Full healthcare benefits and 401k for full-time employees
· Conference and workshop opportunities
1. At least 5 years of experience in the ED, UC or family practice.
2. Current unrestricted state license as a nurse practitioner
3. Nationally board certified, current
4. Current BLS / ACLS certification
5. Prescriptive authority and DEA
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
1. Ability to document in electronic medical record, ensuring completeness and accuracy
2. Ability to adopt and champion technological tools to optimize provider workflow
3. Ability to work both independently, as well as collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
4. Cultural Competency
5. Knowledge and ability to perform therapeutic interventions such as splinting, suturing, wound care, minor surgical procedures
6. Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
7. Critical thinking skills utilizing evidence-based standards of practice
8. Expertise in clinical skills related to acute care, chronic conditions and injuries.
9. Ability to identify and proactively solve problems
10. Ability to thrive in a patient-focused environment
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.