PRN opportunity for AdvancedCare - RN
DispatchHealth provides right-sized healthcare through the power of technology, convenience and service. DispatchHealth delivers on-demand healthcare services to a patient’s home, office or location of need. DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare through a unique mobile acute care delivery model that is high-tech and convenient for patients while alleviating the burden on primary care providers, urgent care facilities, emergency rooms and hospitals.
Provide patient-centered care through the power of technology, convenience and service.
Create the most advanced and complete in-home care model in the world.
Our Values, Our Culture:
- World class customer service and quality
- Be passionate
- Work hard while having fun
- Drive innovation
- Work collaboratively
- Always do what is right for the patient
- Focus on the continuum, not just the moment
- Community responsibility
DispatchHealth is creating the most advanced and complete in-home care model in the world. As a key contributor toward that goal, the AdvancedCare RN would serve a pivotal role in bringing individualized care to the patient’s home as an alternative to hospitalization. The ideal candidate brings advanced clinical, communication, and leadership skills to our innovative team. The AdvancedCare RN provides direct, comprehensive care for patients and their families in an alternative setting. A true passion for connecting with patients and inviting them into the care team is a key factor for success. The opportunity for this position is to contribute to the creation and refinement of a novel care model while helping reduce hospital admissions, decrease ER utilization, increase patient success, and increase the patient and provider experience.
- Provides direct nursing care to patients in alternative care settings
- Skills: Lab draws, IV insertion, medication administration
- Engage patients in their healthcare journey and provide meaningful education tailored to the patient
- Establish meaningful connections and trusting relationships with each patient
- Implements multidisciplinary plan of care for patients in Advanced Care Services
- Works closely with the AdvancedCare leadership team to support and promote the care redesign of Advanced Care Services developed to provide 24/7 comprehensive care delivered in the home as an alternative to a hospital stay
Job Requirement Qualifications:
- Certification/Licensure in the State of Colorado as a Licensed Registered Nurse or licensure from a state participating in the multistate privilege to practice compact with Colorado
- Minimum of 2 years acute care nursing experience
- BLS Certified
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check
- Clinical Excellence: the Rockstar RN must exhibit strong clinical assessment skills and ability to prioritize and reprioritize requiring organizational and coordination skills. Exceptional critical thinking skills is a must as the Rockstar RN implements and evaluates patient’s plan of care and their progression towards goals.
- Strong communication skills: the Rockstar RN cannot work in a silo – much of his or her effectiveness depends on teamwork with others. Their areas of practice are highly multidisciplinary and require reliable, open, responsive communication in order to meet patient and care team needs. Strong interpersonal and EQ a must.
- Cultural openness: the Rockstar RN will be open to learning from patients, about values, beliefs, and how they see the world – all which may be very different from the navigator’s personal culture and beliefs. The RN is willing to listen and be a liaison between the patient/family/caregiver and the medical providers, in developing a plan that is medically sound and culturally acceptable.
- Respect for others: this may seem like a given, but the Rockstar RN role requires the nurse to be especially diligent in this area and to show patience and understanding while setting reasonable boundaries and expectations.
- Commitment to patient confidentiality: most nurses are sensitized to patient confidentiality, from the HIPAA training they’ve received from employers. However, nurse navigation may require an additional layer of awareness.
If the following value statements resonant with you, we may be the team you’ve been looking for!
- Build trust
as the foundation of providing the highest level of care.
- Create personal relationships that are based on building human connections.
- Bring clarity and confidence to every step of the care process through clear and transparent communication.
- Welcome the patient and their people into the care team to promote involvement, understanding and safety.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.