Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Opportunity for Advanced Resource Medic (ARM)
Are you looking for a change on how patient care is delivered? Consider DispatchHealth as we are bringing back the provider house call with on-demand acute episodic care.
DispatchHealth is a unique, provider lead company who is looking for some great Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistant (full time) to join our growing clinical team servicing the South and West Denver Metro area. This unique opportunity will allow the right provider (s) the opportunity to work alongside the fire fighters and Paramedics from Denver’s South Metro and West Metro stations. Providers will be responding to 911 calls with a paramedic, the response would be non-emergent calls. Providers will be asked to assess patients who may not need the full resources of an emergency department and determine if it is appropriate to provide acute episodic care in the patient’s home or other location. This position does require some administration work as it pertains to secondary screening calls and lab, inbox management and follow up.
DispatchHealth is bringing back the house call with a modern technology twist by providing patients ways to access convenient, high-quality acute care in the comfort of their home, office or location of need. We’re redefining the Denver metro healthcare landscape as an extension of a patient’s care team.
Providers should have at least 3 years’ experience in the ER as a prescribing provider. Experience as an EMT, Paramedic, Firefighter, and/or Flight Nurse is highly preferred. This position will uphold the DispatchHealth mission by ensuring that our patients receive health care that is competent, caring, convenient, cost-effective, and met with a high degree of satisfaction.
The clinician will provide comprehensive acute health assessments in the diagnosis treatment and outcome management of Dispatchhealth’s patient population to include laboratory studies, minor procedures, splinting, wound care, suturing, IV fluid and medication administration, facilitate specialist referral and/or PCP follow-up.
BENEFITS TO THE POSITION AND BEING PART OF THE GROWING TEAM:
1. At least 3 years of prescribing experience in the ED
2. Current or past experience as a Firefighter, Paramedic, EMS or Flight Nurse
3. Current unrestricted state license as a nurse practitioner or Physician Assistant
4. Nationally board certified, current
5. Current BLS / ACLS certification
6. Prescriptive authority and DEA
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
1. Ability to document in electronic medical record, ensuring completeness and accuracy
2. Ability to adopt and champion technological tools to optimize provider workflow
3. Ability to work both independently, as well as collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
4. Cultural Competency
5. Knowledge and ability to perform therapeutic interventions such as splinting, suturing, wound care, minor surgical procedures
6. Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
7. Critical thinking skills utilizing evidence-based standards of practice
8. Expertise in clinical skills related to acute care, chronic conditions and injuries.
9. Ability to identify and proactively solve problems
10. Ability to thrive in a patient-focused environment
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.