DispatchHealth provides right-sized healthcare through the power of technology, convenience and service. DispatchHealth delivers on-demand healthcare services to a patient’s home, office or location of need. DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare through a unique mobile acute care delivery model that is high-tech and convenient for patients while alleviating the burden on primary care providers, urgent care facilities and emergency rooms.
Provide patient-centered care through the power of technology, convenience, and service.
Create the most advanced and complete in-home care model in the world.
Our Values, Our Culture:
- World-class customer service and quality
- Work hard while having fun
- Drive innovation
- Working collaboratively
- Always do what is right for the patient
- Focus on the continuum of care
- Give back to our community
- Create a diverse and inclusive work environment
DispatchHealth is creating the most advanced and complete in-home care model in the world. As a key contributor toward that goal, the Advanced Care Navigator (Sherpa) would serve a pivotal role in bringing care to the patient’s home as an alternative to hospitalization. The ideal candidate brings advanced clinical, coordination, and leadership skills to our innovative team. The Sherpa provides direct, comprehensive coordination of care for patients and their providers to eliminate barriers. A passion for increasing patient and provider satisfaction is a key factor for success. The Sherpa serves as the first point of contact for patients and care providers. The opportunity for this position is to contribute to the creation and refinement of a novel care model while helping reduce readmission rates, increase patient success, decrease ER utilization, and increase the patient and provider experience.
- Works closely with the Advanced Care leadership team to support and promote the care redesign of Advanced Care Services developed to provide 24/7 comprehensive care delivered in the home as an alternative to a hospital stay
- Participates in the initial assessment of patients determining care and services needed to stay in the home
- Initiates multidisciplinary plan of care for patients in Advanced Care Services Facilitates initial huddle and leads daily huddles with all stakeholders to ensure patients plan of care is up to date, determine additional intervention needed and measure patients progress to goals
- Oversees the planning, scheduling, and implementation of day-to-day clinical activities for patients
- Oversees the initiation of remote monitoring services assessing for a patient understanding of use
- Ensures appropriate DME and services are ordered and initiated in a timely manner
- Directs skilled services provided in the home (nursing, PT/OT/ST, CNA, home attendant)
- Acts as a central point of contact for all navigated patients; including interaction with medical, nursing, and ancillary services
- Collaborates with medical providers, patient care staff and skilled services in the planning and implementation of patient and education plan
- Participates in the patient education and engagement; ensures educational goals are on track, actively assess the patient for understanding
- Monitors patients daily for compliance with the plan of care and tracks order completion and follow up engaging with the patient throughout the episode of care
- Assist patients and care partners with referrals to community resources and care coordination that can assist with the social determinants of health as needed
- Creates a transition plan for patients post 30 days
- Monitors patient’s progress to goals in the post 30-day period
- Designs or participates in the creation of Advanced Care materials (education materials, assessment plans, interdisciplinary plan of care etc)
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Master's degree preferred
● Certification/Licensure in the State of Washington as a Licensed Registered Nurse
● Minimum of 5 years acute care nursing experience or equivalent
● CPR Certified.
● Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check
● Prior leadership, management, or nurse navigator experience
- Strong communication skills: the Sherpa cannot work in a silo – much of his or her effectiveness depends on teamwork with others. Their areas of practice are highly multidisciplinary and require reliable, open, responsive communication in order to meet patient needs. Strong interpersonal and EQ a must.
- Cultural openness: the Sherpa will be open to learning from patients, about values, beliefs, and how they see the world – all which may be very different from the navigator’s personal culture and beliefs. The navigator is willing to listen and be a liaison between the patient/family/caregiver and the medical providers, in developing a plan that is medically sound and culturally acceptable.
- Respect for others: this may seem like a given, but the Sherpa role requires the nurse to be especially diligent in this area and to show patience and understanding while setting reasonable boundaries and expectations.
- Commitment to patient confidentiality: most nurses are sensitized to patient confidentiality, from the HIPAA training they’ve received from employers. However, nurse navigation may require an additional layer of awareness.
- Clinical Excellence: the Sherpa must exhibit strong clinical assessment skills and ability to prioritize and reprioritize requiring organizational and coordination skills. Exceptional critical thinking skills is a must as the Sherpa plans, implements and evaluates patient’s plan of care and their progression towards goals.
- Trusted Advisor: the Sherpa is the core of operations for the plan of care of the patient. In this role, he or she must be patient-centric, customer focused and team-oriented. A large part of the role is engaging the patient to take an active role in their health. Engaging, educating and developing a report to ensure effective delivery and compliance with the plan of care.
If the following value statements resonant with you, we may be the team you’ve been looking for!
- Build trust
as the foundation of providing the highest level of care.
- Create personal relationships that are based on building human connections.
- Bring clarity and confidence to every step of the care process through clear and transparent communication.
- Welcome the patient and their people into the care team to promote involvement, understanding and safety.
- Career growth and investment
- Be part of something new, exciting and progressive
- Competitive health & wellness benefits
- Conference and workshop opportunities
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.