DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare delivery through mobile and virtual healthcare. A rapidly scaling Denver, Colo., startup, we provide right-sized healthcare through the power of technology, convenience, and service. DispatchHealth is creating an integrated, convenient, high-touch care-delivery solution that extends the capabilities of the patient's care team and ensures that we provide personalized, quality care in the home or at the patient’s location of need. Our skilled, certified providers arrive onsite with the expertise and tools necessary to administer advanced medical care, supported by our technological infrastructure to ensure quality and to improve outcomes. DispatchHealth brings together experienced professionals with proven success in medicine, engineering and operations and a passion for transforming the healthcare landscape.
DispatchHealth is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. DispatchHealth offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family, and short-term disability leave.
Do you want to be part of and thrive in a fast-paced, growth-stage, entrepreneurial technology, and healthcare delivery company?
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done?
Are you passionate about transforming healthcare through technology innovation, service and quality care delivered to patients?
Provide patient-centered care through the power of technology, convenience, and service.
Transforming healthcare by building a system of care in the home.
Our Values – the foundation to our culture
- Courage to advocate for our patients and each other
- Innovation to trailblaze a new path for healthcare
- Integrity to create a respectful and inclusive environment
- Compassion to provide quality, safe and excellent care
DispatchHealth is looking for a Market Manager (Operations) to join our growing team. The Market Manager at DispatchHealth works with our operations and clinical teams both in the field and assisting with general coordination of the local office/clinical dispatch center. The Market Manager will: 1) build and support Team Culture and Morale – People and Process Management (est. 35%); 2) provide Market Operations and Logistical Support / Location Management (est. 35%); 3) contribute to effective market Financial Management and Oversight (est. 15%), and; 4) In collaboration with organization support functions, Contribute to the Health of the Market through establishment and maintenance of relationships with local stakeholders and partner entities (est. 15%). Applicants must be located in the Tacoma/Olympia area for this position.
- Team Culture and Morale – People and Process Management (est. 35%)
- Work collaboratively with local/regional/division stakeholders to contribute to creation and maintenance of positive team dynamic in the market.
- Proactive identification of process improvement opportunities to drive productivity and team success and happiness
- Coordinate team meetings/gatherings/strategies to drive team cohesiveness and connection to local, regional, divisional, and national efforts
- In coordination with local/regional/division stakeholders and people services, management of hiring and onboarding + performance management of DispatchHealth Medical Technicians.
- Market Operations and Logistical Support / Location Management (est. 35%)
- Clinical Administration
- Scanning clinical documents
- Clinical inventory
- Receiving and coordinating with Inventory Manager
- Maintain par levels
- Kit creation & updates
- Kit maintenance
- Manage employees in Orbits system (add/remove as needed)
- Training manual updates
- Update and maintain all lab supplies and temperature logs
- Keep logs of every QC
- Make sure temperature logs are within ranges and fridges are operating correctly
- Office supplies – order and maintaining inventory
- Cleaning / trash removal / medical waste coordination
- Office keys for new employees
- Data Collection/license management
- Other duties as assigned
- Car spin up
- Car wrap
- Toll/Parking coordination
- Car configuration
- Incident Reporting
- General fleet management through Fleet management system/company
- Backfill DHMT shifts to visit patients as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Local tech configuration
- Machine maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Market Manager has oversight of all market DHMTs either directly or indirectly via oversight of DHMT Lead (when present)
- Work with Talent Acquisition to Recruit and Hire high caliber DHMTs. Interview, set up ride-alongs, collaborate with Lead APP on final hiring decisions
- Coordinate DHMT onboarding and training with Education Department.
- Collaborate with Lead APP to deliver DHMT specific clinical training as needed.
- DHMT Scheduling. Collaborate with Central Scheduling to develop and post DHMT schedules. Review and approve time sheets.
- Performance Management and Annual Reviews.
- Other duties as assigned
- Lab QC Tech role is evolving. Q1 2021 – all QC Tech will report to Market Managers. Market Managers maintain final responsibility for all Lab Functions and will work collaborate with Central Lab, POC Coordinators to ensure Lab compliance maintained.
- Quality Controls, 30 D QC
- New Car Lab Set up with 30D Validations
- Oversight and accountability of all lab materials: environment of care, storage, and maintenance
- Implements 6 month and annual competencies at the direction of the Lab POC Coordinator
- Create and maintain all lab manuals for rovers
- Manage Kit Versioning when a new version is available
- Take calls from the field to help problem solve lab questions and temperature deviations
- Update i-STAT QC reference ranges as needed
- Maintain all test pouches
- Ensure that "cheat sheets" are in every kit for every test
- Participate on weekly lab conference calls
Financial Management and Assistance with Market Oversight (est. 15%)
- Work collaboratively with local/regional/division stakeholders to contribute to creation and maintenance of a healthy financial dynamic in the market.
- Contribute to P & L analysis and reporting for local market.
- Enhance Operational Efficiency as measured by KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
Contribute to Market Growth (est. 15%)
- Work collaboratively with local/regional/division stakeholders and organizational resources to contribute to the creation and maintenance of a healthy growth dynamic in the market. Establish and maintain relationships with local stakeholders and partner entities.
- Develop and share knowledge of local marketing opportunities with sales and growth team
Required Competencies, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in healthcare operations, growth and development preferred
- Experience with financial management
- Highly organized and task oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to adapt to new computer systems quickly
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial/Can-do Attitude
- Collaborative mindset
- Work cooperatively, positively, and collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team
- Knowledge of local geography and market
- Passion for redefining how healthcare is delivered
Education and Experience
- Prior experience with operations management and team leadership and development
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required for Lab Duties
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job