We’re Seeking Nurse Practitioners, who want to help redefine healthcare in the Miami, FL area
DispatchHealth is the leading provider of mobile, high-acuity care services in the United States. Headquartered in Denver, we currently serve patients in 19 cities nationwide. DispatchHealth has created an integrated, high-value delivery solution that provides exceptional care in the home through technology, convenience and service. The company focuses on the Quadruple Aim of enhanced patient experience, improved health outcomes, lowering healthcare cost, and superb provider experience. Our vision is to create the most advanced and complete in-home care model in the world.
We are hiring Nurse Practitioners with experience in ER, Urgent Care, Internal Medicine or Family Practice to join our growing team serving the Miami, FL community. Nurse Practitioners, known as Advanced Practice Providers, team with EMTs and are equipped with everything needed to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses. Patients request care via the DispatchHealth website, mobile app, or by calling our Clinical Support Team. The support team deploys the Nurse Practitioner and EMT to the patient's home or office to provide comprehensive health assessments, including diagnosis, treatment and outcome management, for patients of all ages. Our innovative model includes laboratory studies, minor procedures, splinting, wound care, suturing, IV fluid and medication administration, facilitating specialist referrals and/or PCP follow-ups and whole-person care.
Our providers love working at DispatchHealth because of the high-quality care they can provide, the value of the delivery model and the appreciation of our patients.
- Work alongside an EMT and travel to patients’ homes to respond to care requests
- Perform initial patient screenings, patient history and physical examinations
- Provide therapeutic interventions, such as splinting, suturing, wound care and minor surgical procedures
- Use critical thinking skills and follow evidence-based standards of practice
- Lead your practice and always do what’s right for the patient
- Accurately and thoroughly update patient records
- Review records for accuracy at each patient appointment
- Analyze test data and determine the need for follow-up appointments and further treatment options
- Adhere to clinical and safety standards, protocols and performance metrics.
- Provide care with compassion, empathy and cultural competency.
- Educate patients and families on ways to manage their health and well being
- Effectively navigate difficult conversations related to end-of-life issues and goals of care
- Communicate effectively with patients, family, the medical power of attorney, medical offices and all individuals involved in the patient’s care.
- Identify and proactively solve problems
- Maintain positive relationships with EMT partners and remote teams during 10- hour shifts
- Attend training sessions and meetings as necessary
- Stay up to date on clinical studies and data to inform your practice
- Maintain professional etiquette and serve as ambassadors for DispatchHealth
- At least 5 years of experience in the ED, UC or family practice.
- Current unrestricted state license as a Nurse Practitioner
- Nationally board certified, current
- Current BLS / ACLS certification
- Prescriptive authority and DEA
What makes us different?
- DispatchHealth is a provider-led organization.
- DispatchHealth empowers clinical teams to use their medical skills and experience to provide innovative care to our patients in their homes.
- Providers spend about 40 minutes with each patient.
- Our patient-centric approach consistently provides us with a NPS score of 95% or better
- We deliver high-quality and affordable care
- We offer flexible work schedules
- We offer full healthcare benefits and 401k for full-time employees
- We offer career advancement opportunities
- We offer conference and workshop opportunities
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.