Medical Director Job Description DispatchHealth (Contracted/position)
DispatchHealth is seeking a local medical director to help us expand in our goal to provide high quality, acute, and post-acute care, outside the boundaries of the hospital, emergency departments and urgent care centers. Our medical directors will work closely with the local market directors, lead Advanced Practice Providers and line providers with a goal of preventing unnecessary emergency department visits and contributing to the reduction of hospital readmissions. The medical director is responsible for ensuring that all patients receive high quality acute care.
The requirements of the medical directors include, but are not limited to the following:
- M.D., or D.O.
- 5-10 years experience as a medical director
- Must have an active state medical license in the state where the office is located
- Have or be willing to obtain the required credentials to be laboratory director to the level of a Moderate Complexity laboratory
- Active medical malpractice coverage
- Active, unrestricted driver’s license
- Member of local hospital staff with privileges (+/-)
This is a part-time position which will require approximately 40-50 hours/month. Work will be performed in various settings including our local office, meetings in various medical offices and hospitals, and from home.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Laboratory director - with all regulatory requirements
- Review provider charts and provide feedback regarding medical management of patients, documentation, appropriate billing/coding issues
- Assist in hiring all providers in assistance with the lead APP
- Coordinate equipment/supplies with the Operations Manager/office manager ensuring all appropriate care needs are met
- Work with other regional directors and national director to update existing Treatment Guidelines and create new (TG’s) as required.
- Meet with local physician leaders to integrate care
- Provide information with community engagement managers to all supporting channels of care regarding the service provided
- Establish relationships with services associated with care such as outside laboratory, mobile and stationary radiography for ultrasound, x-ray, CT, MRI.
- Provide care within local, state, national rules, regulations
- Be part of the virtual-physician call schedule
- Have access to local Health Information Exchange (HIE)
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) access and knowledge of use
- Business development and account management
- APP (Employee) reviews
- Potentially assist in the integration with local nurse advice line to enhance local presence