DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare delivery through mobile and virtual healthcare. A rapidly scaling Denver, Colo., startup, we provide right-sized healthcare through the power of technology, convenience, and service. DispatchHealth is creating an integrated, convenient, high-touch care-delivery solution that extends the capabilities of the patient's care team and ensures that we provide personalized, quality care in the home or at the patient’s location of need. Our skilled, certified providers arrive onsite with the expertise and tools necessary to administer advanced medical care, supported by our technological infrastructure to ensure quality and to improve outcomes. DispatchHealth brings together experienced professionals with proven success in medicine, engineering and operations and a passion for transforming the healthcare landscape.
DispatchHealth is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. DispatchHealth offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family, and short-term disability leave.
Do you want to be part of and thrive in a fast-paced, growth-stage, entrepreneurial technology, and healthcare delivery company?
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done?
Are you passionate about transforming healthcare through technology innovation, service and quality care delivered to patients?
Provide patient-centered care through the power of technology, convenience, and service.
Transforming healthcare by building a system of care in the home.
Our Values – the foundation to our culture
· Courage to advocate for our patients and each other
· Innovation to trailblaze a new path for healthcare
· Integrity to create a respectful and inclusive environment
· Compassion to provide quality, safe and excellent care
DispatchHealth is looking for a Laboratory Technician/Medical Laboratory Assistant to join our growing team in the Tucson office. Laboratory Technician/Medical Laboratory Assistant at DispatchHealth works with our clinical teams in laboratory management of the office. The Laboratory Technician/Medical Laboratory Assistant will support the clinical delivery team by performing standard laboratory office functions.
· Train APPs and DHMTs for all lab tests performed in the market
· Update all clinical staff of lab changes- and teach during DHMT meetings
· Create and maintain all lab manuals for rovers
· QC all Lab supplies
· Run Weekly i-STAT simulators
· Maintain all temperature logs
· Work closely with National and Regional Point of Care Coordinators and Lab Directors with any lab issues
· Self-Audit and inspection of the lab
· Enter and maintain all expiration dates for all supplies
· Manage Kit Versioning when a new version is available
· Take calls from the field to help problem solve lab questions and temperature deviations
· Update i-STAT QC reference ranges as needed
· Maintain all test kits
· Ensure that "cheat sheets" are in every kit for every test
· Assist in Proficiency Testing coordination
· Participate on the lab conference call every 1st Friday of every month
· Work directly with point-of-care laboratory equipment, including operation, calibration and maintenance
· Supply and stocking
Required Competencies, Skills, and Abilities
· Experience or education in a laboratory
· Highly organized and task oriented
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with the ability to adapt to new computer systems quickly
· Effective time management skills, especially pertaining to QC and Competency timing
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Work cooperatively, positively, and collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team
· Knowledge of laboratory regulations
· Passion for redefining how healthcare is delivered
Education and Experience
· Laboratory Training (MLA, MLT or MLS desirable)
· 2 years’ experience managing medical offices laboratory preferred
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· Previous experience with Athena EMR a plus
· Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 30 pounds
· Ability to walk up and down several flights of stairs easily
· Strong customer service skills
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.